God's Perfect Will
Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will."
- Do we know the Lord in this intimate way?
- More than anything else, He desirers that we have a close intimate fellowship with Him. When He becomes our closest friend, IT WILL CHANGE WHO WE ARE. We will know His thoughts and think as He thinks.
- The Word that tells us transformation takes place by the renewing of the mind is "then".
- Knowing the will of God for our lives is important, if we want to grow in our walk and become progressively obedient to Him. However, if we're not seeking to DO His will, we won't get very far.
- How do we find God's will for us?
- It takes seeking Him with all your heart - It is spiritually discerned.
- When it is spiritually discerned, the more the mind is renewed the thought pattern changes to be like His - discerning His will becomes clearer.
- How much do we want God's will for us?
- Some love God enough to serve Him until they get uncomfortable - It secures your place in the Kingdom of God.
- Some want to stay in their comfort zone.
- This is the plan for those who love God with their heart, mind and soul.
- You will know the hope of His calling and His great power.
- When you call, He will answer and show you things you don't know.
- You will be taken out of your comfort zone.
- You will give up former ways of thinking and acting.
- You will withhold nothing from Him.
- Lay down your life for His plan - receive His Life and His Plan.
- Adjectives that describe the will of God. Romans 12:2b (NIV)
- Good -. Jeremiah 29:11
- Acceptable -- means well pleasing
- Perfect - John 4:34, Matthew 5:48
The two verses in Romans have shown us a progression that leads to the fullness of God. We offer our bodies as a continual sacrifice, allow the Holy Spirit to change us from this world that has been ingrained into our thinking, responding and walking.
Thus, BEING TRANSFORMED, we will be able to discern the PERFECT WILL OF GOD.
Look up another Note