Putting God First In Our Lives
Let Him be first in our conversation, and thoughts in the a.m. and p.m.
- Acknowledge your need for him in everything - in your weakness His power is seen.
- Whisper," I trust you."
- The horse and the rider has been defeated.
- Remember, The Lord is blessing you right NOW.
- Rest quietly in His Presence.
- If someone falls in sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself.
- Reach out to those who are oppressed share their burdens. If you think you are too good for that you are badly mistaken (deceived).
- The one who lets God's Holy Spirit do the growth work in him harvests a crop of reallife.
- Let's work for the benefit of all/starting with the people closest to us.
- It's not what you and I do, it is what God is doing and He is creating something totally new - a free life!
1 Corinthians 8:6 Yet for us there is [only] one God, the Father, Who is the Source of all things and for Whom we [have life], and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through and by Whom are all things and through and by Whom we [ourselves exist]. Jesus Christ is our reason for being.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness].
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect (free, large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all [that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation [rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse]. James 4:5,8 Or do you suppose that the Scripture is speaking to no purpose that says, The Spirit Whom He has caused to dwell in us yearns over us and He yearns for the Spirit to be welcome] with a jealous love? Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
Ephesians 3:21 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams].
Colossians 1:6 Which has come to you. Indeed, in the whole world [that Gospel] is bearing fruit and still is growing [by its own inherent power], even as it has done among yourselves ever since the day you first heard and came to know and understand the grace of God in truth. [You came to know the grace or undeserved favor of God in reality, deeply and clearly and thoroughly, becoming accurately and intimately acquainted with it.]
Colossians 1:18 He also is the Head of [His] body, the church; seeing He is the Beginning, the Firstborn from among the dead, so that He alone in everything and in every respect might occupy the chief place [stand first and be preeminent].
Matthew 6:33 But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
Hebrews 12:15 "Exercise foresight and be on the watch to look [after one another], to see that no one falls back from and fails to secure God's grace (His unmerited favor and spiritual blessing), in order that no root of resentment (rancor, bitterness, or hatred) shoots forth and causes trouble and bitter torment, and the many become contaminated and defiled by it.
MAY WHAT OUR MASTER JESUS CHRIST GIVES FREELY BE DEEPLY AND PERMANENTLY YOURS.
Love the Lord with all your heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself.
Colossians 1:6 -Come to know the grace (know in deeper way the length, height, width and depth of His love.
Colossians 1:18 Jesus Christ is first in everything- He show us the way.
- God's whole being lives in Jesus - They are one.
- Jesus (Holy Spirit) lives in us - wants to be one with us - bring glory to Him.
- Jesus is Lord over the church as our
- Creator-knows us intimately
- Savior - paid the price for us
- Life - in Him we live and move and have our being
- Leader -shows us the way
We are to stay rooted in Him.
Look up another Note