I Am An Extension of God's Presence
To glorify God and fulfill His purposes,
To obey and honor Him
God is the ultimate goal in my life!
- This extension is implied by man's creation - Gen 1:26
- We are a physical extension of His Presence and we are to reflect His character in our morals and motives.
- We are to work out His will and divine purposes - work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
- Our nature finds satisfaction and fulfillment only in a relationship of responsive Godlikeness, which means walking in obedience to Him.
- This extension is the reason for our conversion
- Satan tired to ruin us through sin, God rescued us through salvation. God's divine nature enables us to fulfill God's will -2 Peter 1:4
- His Holy Spirit assures us the knowledge of His will - John 16-13
- We are a "new man" - Ephesians 4:24 - which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- "after God" means that it is created "according to what God is in Himself", that is, created after the pattern of what God is.
- In order to do this we need regeneration, not renovation. When we become God's child the old life is over (2 Cor 5: 17) All He wants is permission.
- Ex.: House for sale. Seller says he'll fix it up, clean out garbage, bring in a crew etc. Buyer says: "When I buy this place, I'm going to build something completely different. I don't want the building, I want the site." When we become God's the old life is over (2 Cor.5:17): He makes all things new. All He wants is permission to build.
- When we live according to the dictates of a "new man", it makes us an extension of God's Presence in a lost and dying world. (Phil. 1:21a)
- This extension is initiated by Godly Conduct Ephesians 2: 10, 2 Corinthians. 5:15
- Our lives should express His Character - we should look like Him.
Look up another Note